What is Entrepreneurship
The word “entrepreneur” originates from a thirteenth-century French verb, entreprendre, meaning “to do something” or “to undertake.” By the sixteenth century, the noun form, entrepreneur, was being used to refer to someone who undertakes a business venture. In the ever-changing world of business, a course in entrepreneurship can go a long way. It prepares a person to take up business-related challenges head-on while ideating a business venture. Read on to find out everything you want to know about studying entrepreneurship in India.
Entrepreneurship Courses in India
Listed below are the different kinds of entrepreneurship courses found in India:
- MBA in Entrepreneurship
- MBA in Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development
- MBA in Family Business and Entrepreneurship
- Diploma in Fashion and Lifestyle Entrepreneurship
- BBA in Entrepreneurship
Scope of MBA or Diploma in Entrepreneurship in India
After getting an MBA or Diploma in Entrepreneurship, an individual can start their own business venture or join an MNC in a suitable role in the marketing, sales or administrative departments.
Colleges offering Entrepreneurship Courses in India
Listed below are some of the courses in entrepreneurship offered by various colleges in India:
- Diploma in Fashion and Lifestyle Entrepreneurship by JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore: This course is for individuals who dream of running their own business in the world of fashion. This short-term course is a significant step towards entrepreneurship and prepares you for the world of fashion management.
- MBA in Entrepreneurship offered by Global Centre for Entrepreneurship and Commerce, IIMs and XLRIs: This is a two-year long PG Diploma course that helps an individual understand the various financial and management structures involved in entrepreneurship.
Eligibility for Entrepreneurship Courses in India
- To pursue BBA in entrepreneurship in India, an individual must complete their 10+2 from a recognized board.
- To pursue an MBA in entrepreneurship in India, an individual must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in India.
- Some colleges organize their own entrance exams after cracking which one can secure a seat in the college to pursue a PG Diploma in Entrepreneurship.
Fees of Entrepreneurship Courses in India
A course in entrepreneurship in India costs between Rs 1 lakh to 4 lakhs per year (depending upon the institution).