JD Institute – Interior Students at Bhartiya City | Industrial Visit
JD Institute – Interior Students at Bhartiya City | Industrial VisitStudents of BSc in Interior design and who are pursuing Diploma in Interior design and decoration in JD Institute of Fashion Technology were taken on a site visit to Bhartiya City (Nikoo Homes: http://nikoo-homes.com/phase-ii/ ) on 6th of July, 2018.
Bhartiya City is a mixed-use development project modelled on the mini-city concept. The project consists of various elements – apartment towers, an IT park, a mall, gardens & recreational spaces, and a hotel. A major part of the project is still under construction. The students who are doing their Interior Design course had the opportunity to visit the site office and view the various model apartments, in addition to visiting an empty apartment that has recently been constructed.
Key objectives of the visit: –
- To offer the students an opportunity to study a wide range of apartment configurations – studio, 2BHK, 3BHK, and duplex.
- Understand space planning and interior design principles used in the design of model apartments.
- Understand the elements of anthropometry – spacing between elements, sizes of elements used, etc.
- Study the effect of lighting (natural and artificial) used in the interiors of the model apartments.
- Compare the strategies used in designing small spaces vs. large spaces.
JD Institute, Students were encouraged to measure spaces, compare materials & finishes, and discuss alternative methods of designing spaces as a part of their Interior Designing Program.
Post the site visit, the Diploma in Interior Designing students has been asked to redesign the interiors a studio apartment as part of their Anthropometry & Ergonomics final project.