Eligibility for Jewellery Designing Course
Jewellery is the kind of accessory that is worn by women as well as men. This is one aspect of fashion that has existed for thousands of years. While in ancient times, jewellery was made out of leaves, seeds, horns and teeth of animals, as civilization evolved, various types of stones, corals and gems started to find a pride of place in them. Also, there are different kinds of jewellery that is adorned by individuals. Apart from the usual necklaces and earrings, there are anklets, waist belts, rings, bangles, nose rings, among others have become quite a rage.
India’s diverse culture guarantees a wide range of jewellery designs. So much so that there are colleges that offer courses in Jewellery Designing now. Jewellery designing is a profession in which an individual combines their creative abilities and their knowledge of conceptualizing designs. Once a jewellery is designed, they are manufactured or crafted accordingly. It is an intricate field of study that borrows ideas from the rich cultural heritage of India as well as the world. It is a comprehensive study of various aspects of designs.
Let’s take a look at the eligibility criteria of jewellery designing course, kinds of courses available, fees, and its scope in India.
Listed Below are the Eligibility for Jewellery Designing in India:
- As of now, there are only diploma and few Undergraduate courses in jewellery designing that are available for individuals in India.
- These courses are offered by many of the premier institutes including JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Vogue Institute etc.
- To pursue a Diploma in Jewellery Designing, an aspirant should pass 10+2 from a recognized board of education in India or an equivalent abroad.
- The duration of a Diploma in Jewellery Designing can vary between 6 months to a year.
- The duration of an Undergraduate course in Jewellery Designing can vary between 3 to 4 years.
- There are several short-term as well as crash courses offered by various institutions in India for individuals who want to learn the art just after completing tenth standard.
- The eligibility criteria for jewellery designing in such short-term courses is successful completion of the tenth standard. Individuals might also have to face a personal interview to pursue such a course.
- The short-term courses can go on for 6 months to a year.
Course Fee for Jewellery Designing in India
A course in Jewellery Designing can cost anywhere between Rs 50,000 to Rs 3,00,000, depending upon the institution one is applying to.
The scope of Jewellery Designing in India
Jewellery designers in India are hired by fashion studios, gemstone manufacturing companies as well as jewellery brands. The pay package varies according to the individual’s experience, qualification and skills.
Technical Skills Nurtured in Jewellery Designing
Individuals who pursue a course in Jewellery Designing in India get trained in computer-aided jewellery design using specific software like Jewel CAD, 3D Studio, Auto CAD, Rhino, among others. They are also taught to use other software like Photoshop, Corel Draw to design their pieces.