Interior Design Courses Eligibility
With time, thwe standard and way of living of people in India has gone through a sea change. Earlier, people would buy a house and would decorate it as per their wish. Of late, the process of owning a home doesn’t just stop at buying the house. Special attention is paid to the decor which has several components. From the colour of the curtains to the placement of the furniture, from the colour of the walls to the colour of the paintings, everything is taken care of by a professional interior designer.
Interior designers are creative people who specialise in design and art. Since the core essence of this career is designing homes, commercial space, retail stores, corporate buildings, knowledge of art plays an important role in the required skill set.
Interior Designing Course Eligibility and Fees
These days, interior designers are not only hired to plan and execute the décor of a house. They play an important role in chalking the interiors of studios, corporate offices, art galleries and sport rooms. The demand to hire interior designers is on the rise.
Listed Below are the Eligibility for Interior Designing:
- Individuals keen on pursuing a BSc, in Interior Designing, which is a three-year-long course need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- They should have passed 10+2 or any equivalent qualification with at least 40% marks.
- Some of the colleges require the applicant to take the All India Entrance Examination for Design (AIEED). This exam is conducted for students who seek admission to undergraduate courses in interior designing. This exam is carried out in January and April, generally.
- Candidates who want to pursue a diploma in Interior Designing need to have passed 10+2 from a recognised board of education in India. A diploma in Interior Designing can be 6 months or a year-long course.
● Eligibility for MBA in Interior Designing:
- Candidates aspiring to pursue an MBA in interior designing should have completed a Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree from any recognised university with a minimum of 45% marks. This is a two-year long course.
Interior Designing Course Fees
The fees for a course in Interior Designing can cost anywhere between Rs 1,50,000 to Rs 8,00,000. It generally depends on the college that one chooses to pursue the course.
In India, National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, CEPT University, JD Institute of Fashion Technology and Arch Academy of Design, Jaipur are some of the premier institutes that offer courses in Interior Designing.
What Do Interior Designers Do After Completing the Course?
There are a quite a few spheres of work that interior designers can be engaged in. Starting from penthouses to bunglows, flats to studio apartments, workplaces, studios, museums, galleries, hospitals, hotels, shopping malls, restaurants, pubs, cafes, care homes, private clinics, boutiques, retail spaces and even schools and colleges hire interior designers.
- The process of designing begins with the professional meeting the clients and discussing the requirements, the budget and the deadline.
- After a round of brainstorming and site visitations, the designer presents ideas to client.
- After taking into consideration the client’s feedback on the proposed ideas, the designer starts working on them.
- An interior designer should also consider building regulations while chalking down ideas.