Types of Interior Design
Do you wish to decorate your newly constructed home? You must be looking for something different and unique. Seeking thematic inspiration? The professional interior designers are there to help. Designing your home interiors with the innovative theme has become a trend. The types of interior designing are going to be discussed here. A perfect design will be established with the combination of unique decorating styles, modern accessories and experienced practitioners. With this connection, youngsters with interest in creativity and designing may take it as a profession. The types of interior designing courses will bring new energy to study this subject.
Different Types of Interior Designing Styles
The types and styles of interior designing are many. It is really very difficult to discuss all in a single content. Some very important and popular variety of interior designing are discussed below:
- Nautical Interior Designing Style
- Contemporary Interior Design style
- Traditional interior designing Style
- Modern style of interior design
- Industrial interior design style
- Minimalist interior design style
- Mediterranean Interior design style
- Mid century modern interior designing style
- Eclectic interior designing style
- Beach style interior design
1. Nautical Interior Designing Style
This type of design inside your home will depict a positive wave. You will get an image of warm and relaxing view. The nautical décor has examples from cottage or coastal style décor. Normally, the designers put the foundation of sand color or white color. The experts also put a touch of blue. Since the theme is of coastal, the decorative materials used here are jute ropes, sailboats, seashells in clear jar, navigation map etc. The designer uses wood in unfinished form to bring a natural view.
2. Contemporary Interior Design style
Some people think the modern style is the contemporary. But, in reality, both styles are quite different from one another. But, the designers use both modern and contemporary style in an interchangeable pattern. The contemporary designs are more fluidic in nature. Thus, this can be altered as per the interest of the seeker.
Elements in Contemporary Designs
- Natural light is used
- It include open spaces
- Use of natural and textural fabrics
- Either very dark or very light wood tones
- Neutral colors
- It uses the metal accent pieces.
3. Traditional Interior Designing Style
Here the design has touch from our old classic. The use of wooden furniture’s with the style used by the traditional craftsmen is one of its elements. The style is also known as the old school European style.
Elements in Traditional Design
- Here the interiors include wood paneling and molding with elaboration
- This brings out the beauty of classic European décor
- Antique pieces are used in designing
- The tiles used over here are of velvet or silk touch
- Colors used are sober and classy
4. Modern Style of Interior Design
The clean and crisp lines over your home designs will depict the modern style. The materials used in this type of designing are mostly the glass and steel. This looks simple yet very beautiful. You will get a new and fresh look with the entire décor. The sleek and unique design of furniture can win over the heart of many people looking for a change.
Elements in Modern Interior Design
- Bold color contrasts or neutral with primary colors
- Plain area rugs or geometric pattern
- Open floor plans
- Furniture will be of clean lines with smooth and sleek surface
- Asymmetric design made with intention
- Getting an artistic look with accessories
5. Industrial Interior Design Style
As the name suggests, this type of designing is for a factory, warehouse or something related to it. The designer doesn’t need to make it like the home or office interiors. There must be a sense of unfinished and rawness within the looks of the interior design. It will give a presentation of the exposed brick.
Elements in Industrial Interior Design
- This must have high ceiling
- Designer can use the old timber to build its interiors.
- The metal fixtures can be used inside
- Putting abstract art inside can be an idea
- The neutral color scheme will be ideal here.
6. Minimalist Interior Design Style
This is one of the latest interior design that comes with very minimum accessories and fixtures inside. Here you will get a view of clean elegance of your interiors. There will be no fuss at all. The design is for all those people who like the essence of simplicity.
Elements in Minimalist Interior Design
- The interiors should be simple
- No vibrant colors or prints is used
- The furniture inside the room are bare minimum
- The space inside must be enough to make the atmosphere airy
- Interiors inside must be drawn and placed with ultra clean lines
7. Mediterranean Interior Design Style
This type of interior design is quite uncommon in nature. Few people adopt this style at home.The designing requires a lot of space. Also, the curves and design makes the interior look small from inside. This comes with plenty of ornamental style. You can find wide range of columns and arches over here.
Elements of Mediterranean Interior Design:
- Brick and tile
- Large balconies within the interiors
- Earth tones
- Limitless curves
- Large furniture
8. Mid Century Modern Interior Designing Style
This type of interior design was quite popular in the mid of 1900s. The unique look of the interiors has iconic view. People can see the natural shapes and figurines inside the home interiors of such designs. The creation of the interiors has been inspired from the Eames, Saarien, Jacobsen, Noguchi, and Niemeyer ages.
Elements of Mid Century Modern Interior Designing:
- Molded plastics are used in the interiors
- Use of aluminum and plywood was quite popular
- It is sparsely furnished
- Clean lines within the interiors are viewed
- Organic styles can be viewed
- Retro Danish inspired finish is here
9. Eclectic Interior Designing Style
The eclectic interior design is all about energy. Modern furnishing and spell binding look combines with high energy to bring out this eclectic design. The interiors inside this style have the bold color palettes, patterns as well as textures. This has the rich mix to make it inspiring. This design is very popular for the youngsters.
Elements of Eclectic Interior Design:
- This comes with high energy décor
- Any type of creativity with freedom
- Bright colors are used in the interiors
- Mixing of old and new style
- Portrait that comes from primitive age
10. Beach Style Interior Design
You can now bring the entire beach right at home. Yes, you can get the feel of beach right inside your home. The main element of the style is painting with light color. Make it totally white in color. A touch of turquoise color will make it look very attractive. Some stones and beach side décor can be place inside the interiors.
Elements of Beach Side Decor:
- The backdrop is painted in white color
- Surf and shells must be one of its elements
- It should be light and breezy
- The window coverings with glass to get a see through view
- Natural oak frame is used